With the warm weather approaching, more and more of you will probably start to wear sunglasses. Sure, they keep the glare out of your face, but did you know that sunglasses also offer many health benefits? Not only that, but a good pair of sunglasses can take your look from drab to fab!
Certain types of sunglasses work best for your face shape and we have got the 411 for you. This June 27th, 2018 is National Sunglasses Day and it is a great day to make sure that you have the right sunglasses, not only for your face shape, but also for the correct level of eye protection.
Many of us put some form of sunscreen on our faces, whether a moisturizer or sunscreen, but it is easy to forget our eyes.
You can’t put sunscreen on your eyelids (ouch), but did you know that it’s possible to get skin cancer of the eyelid? That fact is not well-known, but sunglasses will greatly reduce your risk and protect your eyelids.
Not only that, but it can lower your risk of cataracts, too. Cataracts can lead to blindness, which makes wearing sunglasses important all year long.
UV light is not a friend to your eyeballs. It can lead to macular degeneration, and, believe it or not, you can actually get an eyeball sunburn. Can you imagine?
So for the sake of your eyes, slip on some cool shades whenever you head out.
But what sunglasses will you buy? There are so many sunglasses to choose from, especially if you start checking the internet, that it can be hard to decide which ones to get.
How many times have you tried on sunglasses in front of the little tiny mirror on the sunglass display?
The next time you pick up a pair of shades, there are some specific rules that you can follow to ensure your sunglasses not only fit well but look good too.
What Face Shape Do You Have?
- Wrap Sunglasses are a good bet for you, as are oversized sunglasses.
- No Narrow Frames as they will do nothing for your looks. Nothing good anyway.
- Round Face-
- Wider Frames help to slim your face.
- No Round Frames as they make your face look rounder than it is.
- Cat Eye Glasses work great with your face shape. Try round, too.
- Avoid Glasses with embellishments by your ears.
- Round, Cat-Eye, and Oval are all good for your face as they help to soften your angular face lines.
- Skip the Squares or Rectangles Glasses. You’re square enough as it is.
- You are lucky! Most any shape looks great on you!
Now that you know what shapes work best for your particular face shape you may now be wondering what sunglass styles are hot this year.
Sunglasses Trends 2018
- She wore an itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny bikini and this summer her sunglasses may teeny-weeny too. Tiny sunglass frames are in this year and will work best on a petite face. Just be sure that they still protect your eyes if you decide to take a chance on this new eyeglass trend.
- The cat-eye is back! But unlike the smaller cat-eye, associated with “1950s secretary fashion” the new cat eye is over-sized and daring. You can get them super pointed or with a gradual point at the top. They are purr-fect!
- Colored lenses are super popular right now too. Some of the most popular color choices for 2018 are blue, pink, and orange.
- Sporty glasses are back! Think wrap around, think athletic, but do not think 90s hip-hop. These glasses are hip and edgy and go well with everything from athletic wear to heels.
- You are used to decorating your face in a way. You wear necklaces, earrings, and put on makeup. This year sunglasses are getting special treatment as embellished sunglasses become all the rage. Think diamonds, stones, flowers. What embellishment will you choose this summer?
And we have got you covered when it comes time to clean your sunglasses. Our glass and surface cleaner is the perfect tool for the job!
No matter which sunglasses you decide to go with or if you are the type of gal to get a pair for every outfit, just be sure to wear them when you go out in the sun. Protecting your eyes is always a smart investment.