Mother’s Day is right around the corner. This Mother’s Day, celebrated on May 13th this year, is the perfect time to get the house spic and span. If you are hosting the festivities this year, then finding your place clean and tidy will always reassure your mom.
On the other hand, you could do something sweet for the mom in your life by arranging a trip for her with another member of the family and cleaning the house for her while she’s busy.
Here at Real Simple, we have a spectacular line of all natural, plant-based cleaning products that get the job done quickly and easily!
The kitchen. A hub of family life and somewhere any parent will usually spend a lot of time. So this year, let’s get the kitchen nice and shiny for Mama!
- If you have stainless steel appliances, then you definitely need our stainless steel cleaner. This product is unscented and quickly wipes away all the smudges and fingerprints that build up on your stainless steel appliances.
- We have got something for the stovetop too. The stovetop takes a lot of abuse in any household and our cooktop cleaner, in our Fresh Citrus scent, will knock out any stains or stuck on grease.
- If the dishes need doing, then don’t worry, we have got you covered. Check out our line of dish soaps. Our dish soaps come in Bergamot, Italian Lemon, Lavender, and Rosemary-Mint scents and since they are all natural you never have to worry if they are safe to use on your dishes and utensils.
- Do you have granite countertops? Then try our granite countertop rejuvenator. This cleanser comes in a Fresh Citrus scent and will bring your granite countertops back to life, making them look like new and smell great too!
- For the rest of the kitchen, you can use our glass and surface cleaner. It comes in a divine Eucalyptus scent and will bring your windows to a streak-free shine. You can use it on countertops, appliances, and more.
The rest of the house
- Floors – Wood flooring can easily become dusty and dingy looking but never fear our wood floor cleaner is here to bring your wood floors back to their natural beauty. Our Real Simple Wood Floor Cleaner has a delectable Fresh Citrus scent that will leave your floors gleaming and your house smelling sweet.
The floors are best left until last. First hoover, then wash from the most used, to the least used areas, and by the time you’re done, the place you started is probably dry.
- We also have a great leather furniture cleaner that is perfect to touch up any stains or spills your furniture may have received. It both cleans and conditions the fabric on any of your leather furniture.
After the house is clean, set out some nice finishing touches that Mom can enjoy for her day and for days to follow.
- You can choose a great-smelling handsoap from our line of hand soaps and place one by each of your sinks. Our handsoaps come in Rosemary-Mint, Italian Lemon Oil, Lavender, and Bergamot.
- Head to your local florist and pick up some fresh flowers for your kitchen table or to place beside Mom’s nightstand.
Spring is a great time to get flowers, and most of them smell wonderful too. Hyacinth is one flower that blooms in the spring and will fill the whole room with their soft, intoxicating scent. Roses and lilies are great choices, and if you are feeling fancy, you can pick up a beautiful potted orchid.
- Candles are another nice touch when you are getting the house ready for Mom’s big day. Head out to your local store and pick up a few candles in Mom’s favorite scents and colors.
Remember the little touches that Mom usually takes care of as well. Even if your family is hosting Mother’s Day, it is still her day off, so take the initiative and make sure everything is done as she would like.
This would mean doing things such as hanging fresh towels in the bathroom, making sure the toilet paper is stocked, and all the couch pillows are fluffed. Make the beds, put away all the clutter, and wipe down the bathroom surfaces.
When you are planning a meal for Mother’s Day, keep it as simple as possible. If it works with your situation, pick up paper plates and cups to cut down on the number of dishes. If you can, go out to eat and avoid the clean-up altogether.
The important thing to is to make sure that Mom gets a day of rest and a clean house to boot. Not only will it be a thoughtful, symbolic gesture for her special day, but any mom will appreciate having a clean house to start the week on Monday.
Happy Mother’s Day!